Popular Posts

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Book Entry 126: 1978 Robin Starts Kindergarten


On Robin’s first day of kindergarten I braced myself for a repeat act of Heidi’s first day of school.  When we entered the classroom Mrs. Has Ellison greeted us at the door.  Robin looked around the room then at her teacher.  She said in a loud voice, “Hi, I’m Robin Reed!” 
Mrs. Has Ellison pinned a name tag on Robin and motioned to the play area of the class.  She told Robin to join the other children and class would be starting in a few minutes.  Instead of wanting me to stay with her Robin looked me straight in the eye and said, “OK mommy, you go now just don’t forget to come back for me.”  With that she ran to the other children and began chattering and playing.  What a relief.  She was happy and I had the whole morning ahead of me to spend alone with Adam.
Adam and I went to the old Brown’s shoe store to buy him a pair of cowboy boots.  Next we went to Hughson to my parent’s house to show off his new boots!  Adam was only three years old but he was sure ready to go pick Robin up at noon.  When we drove in to the school and he saw her he started clapping and calling to her. 
Robin had a busy day at school but she was ready to come home.  She and Adam barely separated from one another that whole afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. This made me think of Julie...Ironic that we lived in "Sunland" for one year when Don was an Evangelist with Voice of Calvary in Burbank. Julie started Kindergarten here, and now we have retired here...

    She did good, as Michel was also going to the same school.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing in my life's journey. If you don't leave a comment I have no way of knowing you stopped by. I do hope you enjoy reading of my life as much as I have enjoyed living it! Joyce