Popular Posts

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Book Entry 129: 1976 Lazy Days Fishing

Larry and I took the girls fishing up in the hills.  They weren’t impressed.  The only thing they caught was fox tails in their clothing.

 
They liked fishing in the backyard better!  They fished for hours one afternoon.  Heidi figured out the joke right away but had fun prompting Robin to sit and fish.  At one point Heidi talked Robin into holding her pole too.  Heidi has always been a very quiet person but she does like to play a joke every now and then.  It was fun watching the kids as their personalities developed.          

      
After they’d been fishing for more than an hour Robin got distracted by Cali, her cat.  Heidi took advantage of the opportunity and told Robin she had a bite on her fishing line.  Robin was so excited she dropped Cali, nearly landing her in the pool, and grabbed up her pole.  

 
When Heidi asked Robin if she could feel the fish pulling on the line Robin smiled and said she could.  She was so excited as she reeled in her line.  When the closed safety pin I had used for something to look like a hook came up empty Robin shrugged her shoulders and lowered it back into the water.    


           Robin continued fishing long after Heidi had stopped.  She was determined to catch something to show her daddy.  When it got too warm to sit still any longer Robin quit for the day. When dinner time came Robin helped me spread fish sticks on a cookie sheet.  She helped me fix peas and she buttered some pieces of bread.  She was smiling uncontrollably when she served her daddy his fish dinner. 
          When Larry asked Robin if she caught the fish sticks she replied, “Fish don’t come in sticks daddy, mommy got these in the freezer.”

3 comments:

  1. oh my gosh thats so cute, what a story

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like calling Robin...What darling stories of someone I met much later. I guess she's always been a sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed she has Wanda...I know she would love a call from you anytime....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing in my life's journey. If you don't leave a comment I have no way of knowing you stopped by. I do hope you enjoy reading of my life as much as I have enjoyed living it! Joyce