Popular Posts

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Book Entry 8: 1955 Me and Wilbur

        I was the flower girl in Wilbur and Catherine Doerksen’s wedding.  Being the perfect age to lose teeth I had a top front and a bottom front tooth threatening to fall out the week of the wedding.  I remember all week eating soft foods and soup.  I was going to have my photograph taken at a real photographer's studio and again at the wedding and mom wanted me to have all my teeth!
        The morning of the wedding I bit into something and they both came out at the same time.  When we arrived at the church mom was afraid the bride and groom would be upset.  Mom says they both just laughed and hugged me.  Dad said they were so excited about the ceremony they didn’t care if I had any teeth!  

          Several years later I played the organ when Wilber got married for a second time.  Now he attends the little church I attend in Turlock when he can make it.  He truly has been in my life for as long as I can remember.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful picture... so professional. You were such a cutie.

    I was at Wilber's second one. It was lovely except Joann got sick. Remember that. What a sweet couple...

    ReplyDelete
  2. as I recall she left the ceremony twice to be sick...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing in my life's journey. If you don't leave a comment I have no way of knowing you stopped by. I do hope you enjoy reading of my life as much as I have enjoyed living it! Joyce