Popular Posts

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Book Entry 169: 1986 Adams' Blue Ribbon Pig



            One of our sows had a litter of piglets with a very special piggy.  This particular little pig grew wider and fatter than any of his brothers and sisters.  Adam was sure the piglet could win a blue ribbon at the county fair.  When the piggys were about six weeks old our vet, Gary Daley, was at our place taking care of some calves.  When Adam mentioned how fat the little pig was Gary gave him a  checkup.
           In near disbelief Gary told us the reason the piggy was so huge compared to the others was that he was missing an exit for waste.  Let me put this as delicately as I can, the little pig didn’t have a butt hole.  Please excuse me but I don’t know how else to say it.  Gary fixed the piggy and made him what he was missing.  That little piggy pooped for the entire afternoon.  He was still pooping when we had to leave the corral that evening.
Adam couldn’t wait for morning to come.  He wanted to check on the pig.  At first he said he couldn’t find the little guy.  When he did the poor little pig had turned from the fattest of the litter to the runt.
Adam’s dream of winning a blue ribbon with a pig that summer disappeared.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing in my life's journey. If you don't leave a comment I have no way of knowing you stopped by. I do hope you enjoy reading of my life as much as I have enjoyed living it! Joyce