Popular Posts

Monday, September 19, 2011

Book Entry 80: 1969 24 Hours of Pure Joy



Larry and I spent the afternoon and evening together irrigating the day we found out we were having twins.  When we came in for the evening I made sandwiches for dinner.  I was too excited to fix a meal.  We were hungry and wanted to eat right away.  After dinner we called several friends to share our news.  This will seem odd to my kids but at that time it was long distance to call Hughson from Turlock.  We were very careful not to call and spend that dime unless it was for something really important.  Our news was too good not to share.
When we went to bed that night we talked for a long time of how the plans we had made for a baby would need to be modified now to accommodate two babies.  Alpha was planning on buying two cribs now.  We were going to need a lot of bottles and a lot of diapers!
The longer we talked the more things we thought of that would be needed.  The longer we talked the more we realized how much work we were in for.  I knew help would not be a problem.  My mom and Larry’s mom would be there for me any time I needed them.
My heart would feel as if it might burst with joy one minute and the next it would thump in panic.  In the end, before Larry and I drifted to sleep, we felt confident we would easily be able to handle the wonderful new changes coming to our family.  While I was falling to sleep all I could think of was me holding my two babies.

1 comment:

  1. Joyce, while we were living in Hughson, you mom share a booklet you had written about the twins. I don't remember it completely, and glad you are sharing your story again.

    Loving you today!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing in my life's journey. If you don't leave a comment I have no way of knowing you stopped by. I do hope you enjoy reading of my life as much as I have enjoyed living it! Joyce