Popular Posts

Sunday, September 11, 2011

9.11.2001 Lest we forget!

Larry woke me telling me something horrible was happening.

He was certainly right!

 I remember calling my dad and waking him.  I told him to get up and turn his
tv on as there was breaking news in New York.  We were being attacked!
I remember him so clearly asking, "What channel?" and me replying..."Well...any channel dad!"

As the morning unfolded images were seared into our memories.

And the images kept coming...
 Live news kept us at the scenes...
Firefighters, policemen, folks going to daily jobs became heros...
We watched from our homes and offices as our countrymen lived 
through hell right right before our eyes...
The Pentagon was attacked...
Flight 93 came down...
I think the buildings and the airplane must have been surrounded
with weeping guardian angels as they watched...
I know people did this who hate us simply because of who we are...
How sad these people must be...
How empty their lives...
How hopeless their future...

They tried to break our nation
and dishonor our flag...

But our nation came together immediately...
Flags bloomed on our homes and streets...
Flags waved proudly at every opportunity...
and in unique ways...
Felt a protective love for our nation....
..
We called on the Lord for healing and protection.
A new date marker was branded into our hearts.

2 comments:

  1. beautiful post, amen,

    ReplyDelete
  2. So touching and beautiful this tribute Joyce. You've said it all. I say, Amen, and Amen.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing in my life's journey. If you don't leave a comment I have no way of knowing you stopped by. I do hope you enjoy reading of my life as much as I have enjoyed living it! Joyce