Popular Posts

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Book Entry 3: 1954 Waiting for My Party

                                          
1954
Waiting for My Party

I'm standing in the rose garden at the side of our house.  I'm wearing a white (with red dots) Dotted-Swiss dress with a red (with white dots) Dotted-Swiss top.  I'm waiting for guests to arrive for my birthday party.  I remember being excited and watching the road for cars.  I remember watching mom make frosting for my cake by cooking it and beating it with the electric mixer at the same time.  I learned years later that particular frosting is called 7-minute frosting because you make it using a double boiler and whipping it on the stove for 7-minutes.  I remember the taste and the feel of the icing on the cake but I don't remember what the cake looked like. I don't remember the party but I managed to find this photo which backs up my memory.   I can identify Shirly Rush, myself, and Danny Baptista.



3 comments:

  1. awww, so sweet,, you have a real gift for writing you do,, your book will be wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness you remembered the most important part.....Frosting!

    Sweet Story!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking all day about 7 minute frosting...was it egg whites, sugar and vanilla??? I remember my mom making it, and I did too, years ago...but can't remember now it that was it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing in my life's journey. If you don't leave a comment I have no way of knowing you stopped by. I do hope you enjoy reading of my life as much as I have enjoyed living it! Joyce