Popular Posts

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day Daddy...I Sure Miss You!

Dad at 18 in 1942

Thanks Dad…

For sitting with me under the old orange tree and eating oranges
There with me after school…..
For letting me help you irrigate the rows of roses by our old
House and not getting mad when I’d get in the way…
For walking with me to the ice cream store at Mission Springs
And listening to my silly thoughts and dreams….
For all the sacrifices you made for me I don’t even know about….
For making me feel special and important….
For being proud of me…..
For all the times you held me on your lap and just loved me….
For letting me steer the car while I sat on your lap….
For putting up with all my little girl friends and all night parties….
For all the summers we spent at Yosemite and at the beach…
For making me work out in the heat over the peach grader when
I’d rather have been swimming, and then for going to swim with me
When we were finished….
For liking me and the music I played for you….
For the gentleness of your discipline…..
For crying with me in the hospital the day my baby girl Cari died….
For loving Larry and our children……
For making sure right from the beginning that I knew Christ should
Be first in my life….
For a thousand little memories you made with me while I was
Growing up, and still make me today….
For being a terrific model as a parent, my prayer is that I may
Be that same type of parent and that I may help build memories
With my children like you have built with me…..
For being my dad, I love you happy Fathers Day!

1982


Dad and Mom at 50 Years Together

2 comments:

  1. what wonderful memories and photos,, love those smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Joyce...what a great picture of Rod.

    Love the picture of their 50th Anniversary.

    We both had good dad's didn't we?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing in my life's journey. If you don't leave a comment I have no way of knowing you stopped by. I do hope you enjoy reading of my life as much as I have enjoyed living it! Joyce