Popular Posts

Friday, September 5, 2014

Book Entry 201: 1992 Sweet Revenge



Adam, Justin, Charlie, Larry, and I spent the day at Santa Cruz.  We were all out on the pier calling to the seals and watching the fishermen.  Adam and I were sitting on the bench at the very end of the pier.  We were feeding the seagulls little crackers from our lunches trying to get them to land near to us.  We had a big group just a few feet from us when a little boy came running through the middle of them frightening them all away. 
We threw some more crackers and soon had a nice group of birds squawking and trying to get our attention.  Again the little boy ran through the middle of the flock scaring them away.  This time it really annoyed me when I saw his mom watching.  She had been watching Adam’s delight as the flock increased and didn’t seem to mind that her son had ruined our good time. 
A few minutes later we had three or four seagulls sitting on the railing right in front of us.  Again, the little intruder came our way.  This time he walked up slowly getting very close to us and started giving the birds bits of bread.  When he got too close the gulls took flight, circled us a couple of times and flew down the pier landing by some folks fishing.  Adam looked at me, his face was red with anger this time. 
I was about to say something to Adam when he pointed toward the little boy and broke into laughter.  I looked at the boy.  He had a huge plop of seagull poop on the top of his blond head.  He screamed for his mother to come clean it.  She handed him a Kleenex and told him to clean it himself.  The more he picked at it and rubbed it the bigger the spot got in his hair.  After a few minutes his hair was brown, green, black, and blond.  
 We laughed so hard the little boy heard us and looked toward us.  I know it was rude of us but I didn't care.  All the times I had told my kids to be courteous and kind to other kids left me. The look on that kids face was just too much to bear when he wiped the dirty Kleenex across his forehead and cheek leaving a big swath of green poop.  We had the best belly laughs at that kid’s expense.  He deserved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing in my life's journey. If you don't leave a comment I have no way of knowing you stopped by. I do hope you enjoy reading of my life as much as I have enjoyed living it! Joyce