Popular Posts

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Book Entry 71: 1966 Life Guard Class


I took the Life Guard swim class at the Hughson pool.  I don’t remember much of the class but I do remember we had to go to the bottom of the deep end of the pool and retrieve a "body."  Of course the body wasn’t really a person.  It was one hundred and fifty pounds of cinder blocks wrapped in a cloth. 
I passed the 100 laps we had to swim.  I passed the treading water for an hour.  But I thought I would drown trying to rescue that body of bricks.  Not passing that class was a real heart-breaker to me.  I thought for sure I could do it but I couldn’t.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure I would have failed that too.

    Sorry I haven't been commenting...I will have to catch up...My work-out regiment at the Y, Aunt Trula, just seems to take a lot of my computer time.

    I love you stories and hate to miss any.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing in my life's journey. If you don't leave a comment I have no way of knowing you stopped by. I do hope you enjoy reading of my life as much as I have enjoyed living it! Joyce