Popular Posts

Saturday, December 21, 2019

Wet Purse for Christmas!



     I was shopping with Charlie for a coat for his dog.  I stepped into the restroom while he began looking.  Like I usually do I set my purse in the sink, choosing the clean sin over the dirty bathroom floor.  When I was finished in the restroom I rejoined Charlie in his search.  He found a nice soft blue coat for his dog.  When we reached the checkout stand I reached into my purse and pulled out my wallet.  It seemed strangely cold.  I opened it and took out my credit card to pay the bill.  When I put my wallet back in my purse my hand came out wet.  I thought it was odd, but occasionally I carry a water bottle in my purse.  I thought maybe I'd had one in my purse and it had leaked out.
    When Charlie and I got outside I emptied my purse of the hood of my car.  Wallet, phone, glasses, make up bag, and a few other things...no water bottle!  When I tipped my purse upside down more than a quart of water poured onto the ground!  It took me a minute but I figured it out!  The faucet in the sink where I sat my purse must have had a sensor to turn the water on when hands go under the faucet.  I guess when I put my purse in the sink it triggered the sensor and started water pouring into it.
     Charlie and I both began to laugh hysterically.  Then, with a solemn look on his face, Charlie said, "Mom, you'd better not tell dad about this one!"  My purse sat on the bathroom counter for two days with my hairdryer running pointing inside.  It's dry now, thank you for asking, I'm about to reassemble my wallet and other stuff and repack it.  It didn't seem funny when it happened because it made me feel pretty silly.  This is three days later and now I'm laughing!                                            
     Knowing how much Larry enjoys a good story, the first thing I did when I got home was share with him what had happened.  We've both told this story several times these past three days and somehow I think we will continue, at least for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing in my life's journey. If you don't leave a comment I have no way of knowing you stopped by. I do hope you enjoy reading of my life as much as I have enjoyed living it! Joyce