Popular Posts

Friday, April 11, 2014

Book Entry 180: 1987 Charlie on the Dryer



            It was a Sunday morning.  We were just leaving the house heading for church.  I was the last one upstairs and could hear quite a commotion as I started down.  When I got to the bottom of the staircase everyone was standing in front of the dryer.  They were quick to point out,”CHARILE” written in black felt pen across the top of the dryer.  Everyone was laughing and doing that little sound from the throat indicating someone was in trouble. 
          Justin and Adam were really razzing Charlie.  Charlie denied over and over that he had done it.  The more insistent the other kids got, the more upset Charlie became.  After about a minute of accusations and denials Heidi blurted above the other kids, “Wait, look at the R.”  We all took a closer look.  Indeed, the R was correct.  Charlie always wrote his Rs backwards. 
          Once the proof was uncovered, and fingers were pointed in other directions, Justin confessed to the deed.  I was able to get most of the mark off the dryer but it was permanent marker so after that morning every time I used that dryer I could see a faint yellow “CHARLIE” written on it.  I’ll bet it made me smile a thousand times!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing in my life's journey. If you don't leave a comment I have no way of knowing you stopped by. I do hope you enjoy reading of my life as much as I have enjoyed living it! Joyce